DORO PESCH EXCLUSIVE
Let us introduce you to, Doro Pesch. Born in 1964 in Dusseldorf, Germany. She currently resides in New York City and persues a solo career, however many may know her as the female vocalist from Warlock back in the day, but due to legal disputes of "who owns what", what would have been Warlock's 5th release, she was compelled to further release as "Doro" from then onwards. That being said, her voice is still legendary, and she truly unleashes a great sense of power into the industry.
Be on the look out this year for Doro's next DVD/Live CD Release, "25 Years in Rock,and Still going Strong"...coming out soon !!!
Welcome to MetalTitans, Guardians of Metal Entertainment, worldwide.
We here at MetalTitans got an exclusive chance to do a written interview with one of rock's legendary female vocalist, Doro Pesch.
Thank you for conducting this interview with us today.
1. Are you still happy to have your fans, crew as your family, or do you ever feel like there is something missing ?Oh, yes, I’m still super happy and there is nothing missing. In fact I feel closer to the fans each year and they mean the world to me, they will mean the world to me till I die, that’s for sure!!!!
2. How does it make you feel to know that your fans travel great distances to see you ?I deeply appreciate that and I'm sometimes blown away, what the fans will do to see a show or to get to a fan club meeting, or to go to a release party....it’s so amazing and it makes me tremendously happy. The fans are my life force and I feel closer to the fans than to my closest friends! I always have!
3. You have toured with some of your favourite bands, is there still a band you would like to be on tour with ?
Metallica would be awesome, we’ve played on some festivals together in the 80's and that was always great! Unfortunately never in the States....4. A lot of your tours are European, do you have a bigger fan base there ?
Hard to say, cause I looooove playing in the US and the fans in America are really the die hard fans!!!!! In Europe they have a ton of huge festivals and the summer season we spent most of the time in Europe because of that...festivals like WACKEN and stuff, which I had the great honour to open the festival with the WACKEN anthem WE ARE THE METALHEADS again 2 weeks ago.
5. Do you ever think that you might consider a North American tour for your fans over here ?
Yes, for sure!!!!!! Two special shows are coming up in September to celebrate the release of the new DVD and live record " 25 years in rock and still going strong" we wanna put on an excellent, unique show with many special guests and all the highlights and many surprises, to make it really, really special. The first show is on September 9 in NYC at The Gramercy Theatre, 127 east 23rd street and the 2nd will be in Chicago sept 11th at Reggies rock club, 2105 South State street…I'm so excited and really looking forward. The real tour is probably coming up next year after the release of a new album, but it's hard to say when the exact time will be. More to come guys...
6. Can you tell us what we might expect on your release of “25 years in Rock” , which holds a 2 DVD/CD set in September ?
The main part of the 1st DVD is the 25th anniversary concert with all the highlights of the last 25 years and with great, great guests for example: Bobby Blitz of Overkill, Warrel Dane of Nevermore, Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker of the Scorpions, Jean Beauvoir, my Warlock band members; Tarja Turunen, Regina Halmich, the 12 year world boxing champion, where I wrote all the walk in anthems for...and many many more fantastic guests....We worked a whole year on the show, the stage looked like the "home" of the WARLOCK, really mystical and magical, all ruins and kind of spooky and the total highlight was the huge Warlock figure, which came up behind our drummer Johnny Dee for the Song THE NIGHT OF THE WARLOCK. It was insane and really really creepy...with dry ice and beautiful magical lights....You guys just have to see it, it was definitely our biggest and longest show ever and I think the most beautiful.....the 2nd DVD has a long and involved documentary on it, where all the guests say so nice and funny stuff and beside tons of festival highlights we have a documentary of our 2500 show with more great guests like Schmier of Destruction or Marc Storace of Krokus...and a live CD of the 25th anniversary show.....
7. That is amazing artwork on the cover, what was the inspiration behind it ?
My favourite fantasy painter Geoffrey Gillespie did it, he is the one who did most of our fantasy artworks, for example, The Triumph and Agony cover and the last one Fear no Evil, and many more... I trust him, he kind of is always in tune with me and we talk a little bit about the music and shows and then he does his magic.....which I always love so much...
8. Do you miss living in Germany, or are your tours back to your home country sufficient?
To me, the tour bus is my home and wherever the fans are, thats where I feel I wanna be, it doesn't matter where that is...as long as I feel and see the fans, Im at home, Im happy.
Thank you (Danke ) Doro for conducting this interview with MetalTitans, before we finish, is there anything you would like to send out to your undying fans ?
I wanna thank all the great fans for their love and support, I love you guys and I hope I’ll see you soon, may be at the two upcoming shows in NY and Chicago and I will always give it my all and never give up! I love you with all my heart!
--Fuer immer Doro