JANUARY 16th, 2014
LEATHER LEONE EXCLUSIVE
Welcome to Metaltitans, Guardians of Metal entertainment worldwide. We at Metaltitans got the chance to talk with Leather Leone, from CHASTAIN. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us.
1. Original Chastain band reforms, those are the words spoken, tell us how this comeback came about.
Through the magic of life!! Chastain and I have never really lost touch over the years. I had used his experience and advice through the Slp project, and the music began!! I have recently stated, that I have learned to never say never!!!!!
2. Is it all the original members in Chastain for this new release ?
No, we have recorded this new music with drummer Stian Kristofferson from Norway. His projects include Firewind, and Pagansmind. He is a pure powerhouse!! It was quite the inspiration to hear his drumming!!
3. Why do you think you have the distinction of “most powerful and influential female vocalists in the history of heavy metal” ?
That is quite the statement!! It is immensely appreciated, yet hard to answer. I believe it stems from being one of the first of a handful of us that got out there in the 80"s and just simply do it. We had no fear, no apologies, just pure conviction. And it hasn't changed!
4. How does it feel to return to the band after some absence ?
It feels natural. I am supposed to be doing this, especially after my long vacation.
5. Before returning to Chastain, what were you doing ?
I have been living the California lifestyle! The beach, Pitbulls, waiting for the rain. Listening to Dio!
6. Was it an easy process to step back in and create the music for the new album ?
Yes, it was except for my home recording skills!! Making music is a very personal process. I have always trusted and respected Chastain, so it was just like another day from the 90's. Personally, the studio has never been easy for me, but it is undeniably familiar.
7. With your new album “Surrender to No One”, who wrote the lyrics ? What was the inspiration to create those songs ?
Chastain presented most of them to me, with the exception of "I am Sin" and "Bleed through me". But saying that, I of course change and twist most words to my own. My inspiration comes from life, look around you.
8. Do you think this album is a continuation from where you left off ?
It seems like that to me. Most of you are also agreeing with that. What else could it be? We most definitely have a style of creating. Whatever Chastain and I do will never loss that!
9. What can your fans expect from Surrender to No One ?
The same in your face, marching, soaring music that we made in the past!!
10. How did you come up with the name for the album ?
After we had decided on the song selection, it seemed to have presented itself! It made quite a strong statement of honesty!!
11. Is it hard to get together when others are in a different band touring ?
With social media, not at all. We get together online!! Ha Ha! It is no longer necessary to be in the same town, let alone the same room. It is a bit more time consuming, but very workable!
12. Who created the artwork for this CD ? It is a really great image .
It touched me as soon as I saw it!!! His name is Eric Massaro!! You can find his work online!!! It has an essence of Metalness!!! Very Thankful Chastain had found him!!!
13. With the release of this album, do you have plans to tour in support of Surrender to No One ?
At this time we have no plans, which is extremely disappointing for me. But I have high hopes!!! The conversation has been started.
14. Is there anything you would like to add, that you think people should know, that I might have missed asking ?
Thank all of you for your belief, I have no words to express how much it means to me! Go to chastainmetal.com for all things Chastain. Please purchase and engage in conversation regarding "Surrender to no one" so I can get on the road and see all of you!!!!
Love and Metal.
Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us here at Metaltitans, and we wish you much success with Surrender to No One, and hope to see you on tour .