JUNE 12th 2012
RISE TO REMAIN EXCLUSIVE
METALTITANS received an exclusive opportunity to do a written interview with RISE TO REMAIN. This band just released "City of Vultures", their debut album, and they have been added to Vans Warped Tour. This band may be new to the scene, but they are ready to take it by force! To learn more about these guys, read on for details !!!
1. How did you come up with the name RISE TO REMAIN ?
We actually came up with it in a car park, it was the name of one of our old bands that never really did anything. It fit, so we stuck with it!
2. On your facebook page it mentions your influences are “anything and everything” so you don’t have anyone or a band that inspired you to go into the music side of things, or pushed you more to the genre you chose ?
Not particularly, no. Personally yes, but I think it would be a little bit contrived if a band existed single handedly in light of another band in their genre. If that was the case, most metal bands would just sound like Metallica.
3. ‘Bridges Will Burn’ EP was initially given away free with UK Metal Hammer, being an unknown band at that time, how were you able to accomplish this ?
They were doing a feature on new bands, we had been touring as an unsigned and total DIY act for some time, and Metal Hammer were really amazing and took notice. Since then they've done it with tons of unsigned and independent acts.
4. Your new CD, City of Vultures, what kind of inspiration prompted this album ?
City of Vultures was the product of months and years of writing. In fact, you could argue a life time, seeing as it was our first album. I guess inspirationally, I have always been drawn to really "human" things, as opposed to fantasy, so on this album I opted to write about the life and times that were evolving and devolving around us. There are definitely metaphors in there, but I think it brightens up the whole thing, as opposed to just sticking to a realist sensibility.
5. What made you choose Colin Richardson to produce it, I know from listening to the CD that it was so well done, but what made you lean towards Colin ?
Thank you! Colin actually contacted our management, who have worked with him on tons of albums, mainly the first two Bullet For My Valentine records, so the fit was very natural from the off. We have listened to the albums he produced for most of our lives, so to have him on board was an honour and a privilege.
6. I am sorry, but I just have to ask you, do you think having Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) for a dad, that it has made more people give you a listen ?
I think it's inevitable that people will check out the son of so-and-so, we are very curious by nature. But we do not get an easy ride, in fact, it's been harder for us to break out than most other bands, mainly due to the fact that people develop such a stigma towards family ties. They all say they know the score, but things are a bit more complex than what they think. In fact, I don't think they really think at all. Haha.
7. Is there a band out there that you would really like to play alongside on a tour ?
Killswitch Engage would be a dream come true, Pantera would be the best tour ever, just to hear anselmo scream and dime shred, rest his soul.
8. In June you hit North America on the Vans Warped Tour, are you excited about this ?
Absolutely, it is a massive opportunity and a dream come true to be part of the warped tour. So many great bands get broken in to the states on this festival, and it definitely tests you as a unit. I hear some of these 11:30 am slots and the 24 hour drives are pretty killer!!
9. What is RISE TO REMAIN’s plan after this tour?
Top secret! But it's impressive!
10. Is there anything you would like to add that you think would be what your fans would like to know?
Thank you for reading, we shall see you soon!
We at Metaltitans wish you much success on your Vans Warped Tour and want to thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with us here at Metaltitans.