AUGUST 6th 2012
We here,at MetalTitans got a chance to interview RISING, a band from Copenhagen,Denmark who has played shows in Ireland, Sweden, and of course Denmark. Forming in 2008, this band has taken the right steps into the direction of becoming a band unlike any other.
Welcome to MetalTitans, Guardians of Metal entertainment, worldwide. Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with us.
1. For those who don't know RISING…you formed in 2008, what made you decide to become a band ?
In all honesty it was our passion for heavy metal that brought us together. I guess we kept at it back then because we explored new territories and the whole process of writing and recording demos was refreshing and exciting.
2. What was the 1st instrument you ever played ?
The first instrument I sat down and actually tried to get decent sounds out of was the guitar. In fact I never really played other instruments before joining Rising where a bass player was needed.
3. Your music ranges from the 70’s hard to rock and metal, which pulls in a lot more fans, but its hard to put you into one genre, what made you decide to add so much into your music ?
I can't recall us deciding on one thing or another. The best answer I can give you is that our music is a result of our individual musical upbringing. We are all avid music fans with a fairly broad taste. I like the fact that it translates into the stuff we do instead of us sitting down and deciding on where to go.
4. Do you have any band or bands that influenced you when growing up ?
A ton. But I think we all have a strong connection to classic stuff like Sabbath, Priest, Led Zeppelin etc. Biking to school with classic rock screaming from the walk-man is one of my most precious childhood memories.
5. Do you remember the 1st concert you ever went to, and who was it ?
This is sort of embarrassing but the first concert I went to on my own was Skunk Anansie in Copenhagen. I must have been about 14. The only thing I can remember is Skin licking the guitar players nipples.
6. At home do you own a large collection of CD’s and are they different genres, rock , punk ?
I own more books than cd's and lp's so nothing to brag about in that department. The music I do keep at home is all over the place genre-wise but mostly leaning towards 90's hardcore and different brands of metal.
7. You released in Oct2011/Jan2012 your new CD “TO SOLEMN ASH”, how long did it take for you to complete the process ?
It took little more than half a year to write and record the album which was definitely a hectic time. We learned a lot from that process that we can put to use in writing the next album (I hope).
8. Who writes the lyrics for RISING ?'
I do. Since I'm the one who's singing it just seems like the natural way to go. Although I enjoy coming up with the lyrical themes and directing the mood in any given direction, I'm always open for input from the others.
9. Do you have a favorite song on this CD ? Why that one ?
My favorites have changed throughout the process of writing and recording. With a gun to my head I would have to say “The Vault” because it embraces many aspects of our sound and it always represents a good spot in our live set (for me at least).
10. What are your plans now for RISING ?
We are currently in the process of writing the next album. On top of that, we are heading out on a small Danish tour followed by a longer tour of Europe. If everything pans out it'll be fucking awesome!
Is there anything you would like to say before we end this interview ?
No – You've pretty much covered it all. Thank you!
Thank you so much for taking time to do this interview with MetalTitans. We wish you much success with the new album ‘TO SOLEMN ASH’. Click the image below,to check out the band's latest album.